How to watch Netflix on Nexus 7 without root/unlock
This way is how to run Netflix on Nexus 7 without root/unlock. The way is from a forum’s friendly, thanks provided
I got a Nexus 7 today and the first thing I thought is wow Netflix would work great on this if it wasn’t unlocked. The nice thing about Google Jellybean is that there is new support for VPN profiles so there is no requirement for rooting/unlocking to use a VPN to watch Netflix. Here is what I did to get Netflix up and running in less than 5 minutes.
1. Sign-up to Netflix if you have not already. There are other threads regarding this topic.
2. Download the Netflix app. Since I already downloaded this on my Galaxy Nexus I just went to my previously installed app section and pressed download. You may need root access to get Market Unlocker to download this from the US store or find an apk online.
3. Download Openvpn for Android by Arne Schwabe on the Google Play store.
4. Get a openvpn account, I recommend Private Tunnel, an open vpn provider.
5. Now you want to download your open vpn profile account -> Download user profile and put this into your root directory.
6. Run Openvpn for android and sign in.
It’ll be much cheaper than paying $6 one movie via google play store at $8 a month via netflix. Tell me how you guys go.